Changing your name you ration card can be done by following these procedures:
Steps before the change of name in ration card:
- Consult your lawyer and prepare an affidavit to change your name.
- The name will then be published in State Government Gazette.
- You can also publish the change of name in a newspaper.
- Once this is done, you will be known by your new name.
- You must now file a petition to the Munsif/ Civil court of your District/Taluk to access an order that your new name and old name both indicate the same person.
Once these formalities are completed, a person can actually go ahead with the process of changing name in ration card.
Changing Name in Ration Card:
- You should go your local Public Distribution office.
- Collect a form for changing name in Ration Card.
- You should submit the form with affidavit attested by First Class Magistrate and newspaper cutting along with the old ration card.
- The authority will provide a slip with the date mentioned for handing over the ration card with the new name. Generally it takes about a fortnight to get the work done.